The Manager Subscription
The Manager Subscription provides your link to a Group Workplace Assessment. You will receive a unique URL to share with everyone in your department, team, or division. Each person in the group can take the Group Workplace Assessment to identify which of 56 workplace communication issues they see most often. Results will be summarized for the whole group (preserving confidentiality) in a Group Results Report report that pinpoints the top issues reported by the group. This report includes recommendations on how to make simple changes in communication practices to eliminate or reduce those issues. After obtaining your Group Results Report, the data can be cleared so you can reuse the same URL. Good for 90 days, your subscription allows enough time to do a follow-up survey, so you can see what has changed. $24.99. Purchase it today.
Set Up Your Manager Subscription
Purchase the Manager subscription:
- As a confirmation of your purchase, you will receive email instructions on creating your account with a Username and Password, and a link to the instruction page to help you start planning how and when your Assessment will take place.
- Also, once your order is placed, we will create your own unique dashboard for managing your Group Workplace Assessment. Login information will be sent to you when your dashboard is ready, typically within 24 hours.
Set up your dashboard:
- After you receive your Manager Subscription login URL, you can access your unique and private dashboard.
- Go to your login page and log in. You will be on the Home Page of your dashboard, displaying your first and last name.
- Your instructions tell you about other icons on that page, including how to change the name of your survey.
- Click on the “Our Assessment” button in the upper right corner to see the Workplace Assessment survey that is exclusive to your group. At the top left of your group’s Assessment survey, in the address bar, you will see the “Group Member URL”. This is the URL you will send to each member of your group, so they can access and complete their own Workplace Group Assessment.
Run Your Survey
Plan and prepare your Assessment schedule and communications:
- Determine the best time to perform the Group Workplace Assessment, including:
- When the URL linking to the Assessment will be released to your group to begin the survey;
- What the “deadline” will be for all Assessment responses to be submitted; and
- Whether – and when – you will host Pre-Assessment Meeting(s) to discuss and prepare for the survey, and/or Post-Assessment Meeting(s) to review the Assessment results and recommendations.
- If you do plan to have such meetings, schedule and arrange meeting date(s), time(s) and location(s) – or video/phone lines – for the group to get together for Workplace Assessment discussion, Q&A, and planning for the implementation of any recommended changes.
- Customize your “launch email” to group members. In your set of instructions, you will have a sample email to customize:
- Add the group’s unique Assessment URL;
- Say why this Assessment is important for the group;
- Specify the survey Start date, the End date (by when their responses are due), and any Pre-Assessment and Post-Assessment Meeting date(s);
- Tell group members about the requirement for each participant to use their work email address to have their results included in the totals. Include an assurance of confidentiality for their responses, which will not be associated with their emails.
NOTE: When participants have completed their surveys, each person will receive feedback on their own responses, including recommendations for altering their own individual workplace communications. At the same time, their responses to the 56 questions will also be added to the summary data for the group. This has been found to be useful for engaging people in discussions and in changing some communication habits.
Launch your Group Workplace Assessment:
- Send out your customized “launch email”, including the URL link to the Assessment, the survey schedule, and assurance of confidentiality.
- Monitor participation – check to see how participation is progressing by clicking on the “Our Responses” button on your dashboard to see how many responses have been submitted so far.
- You can also total the responses across a row or scroll to the bottom of the page and download the Email list to see how many responses have been submitted.
NOTE: Do not click the “Clear Record” button and erase the data until you have received and downloaded the Results Report for your group. Deleted data cannot be recovered.
- To get a higher response rate, send an email to remind group members of the importance of the survey and the due-date for responses.
After the deadline:
- Download your Results Report. This Excel spreadsheet shows each person’s submission (identified only by a “User number”, with no personal identifier).
- The Results Report ranks the workplace issues observed by group members, from the most frequent to the least frequently observed.
- You will see the total points and the average score for each issue, from “Frequently” (5 points) down to “Never” (1 point).
- You will also see recommendations in the Results Report on how you can address the three most frequently observed issues in the group’s workplace.
- Send out the final Results Report to all participants, with a request that they review the results and recommendations as a group prior to a Post-Assessment meeting.
- Confirm the schedule of Post-Assessment meetings to discuss the Workplace Assessment Results Report, including its Recommendations.
- Share and discuss the results & recommendations. For best outcomes:
- Collect ideas – by email before the meeting(s) or in the meeting(s) itself – about which issues are most bothersome, which sub-groups could test certain Recommendations, and other ideas to reduce or eliminate select issues;
- Review the How to Implement Communication Changes document; and
- Decide whether to schedule a follow-up Assessment to observe changes in workplace communications.
NOTE: If you want to re-use your Assessment URL to determine your progress and changes, you can remove the data by clicking on the Clear Record button. This allows you to re-use the URL again during your 90-day subscription.