Dear group members,
We are going to take a good look to see if we can identify our most bothersome communication issues in our workplace – and then fix them, of course! This will involve each of you taking a confidential survey to answer 56 questions about issues you encounter at work. The system will total up all of our answers and give us a report summarizing our biggest challenges and some ideas for how to reduce the problems by making some simple changes in our communication habits. I hope each of you will participate, and join me in making our workplace more pleasant, positive, and productive.
Here’s what to know:
- To learn more about workplace communication, you can go to www.usingthefourconversations website. You are welcome to take the (free) Personal Communication Assessment if you like, and you may find other useful information on the website as well – including the Group Assessment like the one that we will do.
- At our next meeting (Day___ & Time ___) we can talk about the benefits of learning more about workplace communication and ways to improve our communication habits.
- In order to take the survey and have your responses included in the final report, you will need to provide your email address. Your responses, however, will be confidential. They will be added up to show only the totals and averages for responses to each question, and will not identify any individual responses.
- Here is the unique URL for our exclusive Group Communication Assessment: (______________). Please click on that link and answer the 56 questions with your view of what you see here at work (remember, nobody will see your personal answers, including me).
- There is a due date: please complete this exercise by (Day___ & Time ___). At that time, I will check to see that we have all the responses we need, and download the report showing our biggest (and smallest) issues. Then we can talk about which one(s) to tackle first.
Thank you very much for being part of making our workplace a nicer and more effective place to be.