The Consultant Subscription
The Consultant Subscription – for consultants, trainers, and others who work with multiple groups at the same time – provides you with five links to the Group Workplace Assessment. You will receive five unique URLs that you can use with different client groups, departments, or teams. Each person in any group can take their group’s unique Group Workplace Assessment to (confidentially) identify which of 56 workplace communication issues they see most frequently. Results for each group will be summarized in a Group Results Report, pinpointing the top issues reported by that group. This report includes recommendations on how to make simple changes in communication practices that will eliminate or reduce the issues for that group. Good for 1 year, your subscription for all five URLs can be reused, either for other client groups or for follow-up Assessments to see what has changed. $99.99. Purchase it today.
Set up Your Consultant Subscription
Purchase the Consultant subscription:
- As a confirmation of your purchase, you will receive email instructions on creating your account with a Username and Password, and a link to the instruction page to help you start planning how and when your Group Workplace Assessment(s) will take place.
- Also, once your order is placed, we will create your own unique dashboard for managing each of your Group Workplace Assessments. Login information will be sent to you when your dashboard is ready, typically within 24 hours.
Set up your dashboard(s):
- After you receive your Consultant Subscription login URL, you can access your unique and private dashboard.
- Go to your login page and log in. You will be on the Home Page of your dashboard, displaying your first and last name.
- Your instructions tell you about other icons on that page, including how to change the name of your survey.
- Click on the “Our Assessment” button in the upper right corner to see the Group Workplace Assessment survey that is exclusive to the group you are working with. At the top left of your group’s Workplace Assessment survey, in the address bar, you will see the “Group Member URL”. This is the URL you will send to each member of your group, so they can access and complete their own Workplace Group Assessment.
- Determine the name(s) for the group(s) that will be participating in the surveys. The names you assign to each group will appear as titles on the survey the group members will access.
- Get the unique URL for each group to give group members access to their unique Group Workplace Assessment from the “My Questionnaires” button.
Give advance notice and information to your Group Members:
- Go to the Resource Tab on your dashboard to see the “Assessment Introductory Email” for your group members. Customize it to let them know a survey will be coming, and to give them access to information about using communication to improve workplace effectiveness and satisfaction.
- You may also attach a copy – or a link to – the “Summary of Four Conversations” document (also on your dashboard’s Resource Tab) to introduce your Group Members to the ideas for this survey.
- Send your customized email to your group members.
Run Your Survey
Plan and prepare your Assessment schedule and communications:
- Determine the best time to perform the Group Workplace Assessment for each group, including:
- When the URL linking to the Assessment will be released to each group to begin their survey;
- What the “deadline” will be for each group to have all their Assessment responses submitted; and
- Whether – and when – you will host Pre-Assessment Meeting(s) with each group to discuss and prepare for the survey, and/or Post-Assessment Meeting(s) to review the Assessment results and recommendations.
- If you do plan to have such meetings, schedule and arrange meeting date(s), time(s) and location(s) – or video/phone lines – for each group to get together for a Group Workplace Assessment discussion, Q&A, and planning for the implementation of any recommended changes.
- Customize your “launch email” to the members of each group. In your set of instructions, you will have a sample email to customize:
- Add the group’s unique Assessment URL;
- Say why this Assessment is important for each group;
- Specify the survey Start date, the End date (by when their responses are due), and any Pre-Assessment and Post-Assessment Meeting date(s);
- Tell Group Members about the requirement for each participant to use their work email address to have their results included in the totals. Include an assurance of confidentiality for their responses, which will not be associated with their email address.
NOTE: When participants have completed their Assessments, each person will receive feedback on his or her own responses, including recommendations for altering their own individual workplace communications. This feedback has been found to be useful for engaging people in discussions and in changing some communication habits. At the same time, their responses to the 56 questions will be added to the summary data for each group.
Launch your Group Workplace Assessment:
- Send out your customized “launch email” to each group, including the unique URL link to the Assessment, the survey schedule, and the assurance of confidentiality.
- Monitor participation – check to see how participation is progressing for a Group by clicking on the “Our Responses” button on your dashboard for that Group to see how many responses have been submitted so far.
- You can also total the responses across a row or scroll to the bottom of the page and download the Email list to see how many responses have been submitted.
- To get a higher response rate, send an email to group members reminding them of the importance of the survey and the due-date for responses.
NOTE: Do not click the “Clear Record” button for a group until you have received and downloaded the Results Report for that group. Deleted data cannot be recovered.
After the deadline:
- Download your Group Workplace Assessment Results & Recommendations Report for each group. This Excel spreadsheet shows each person’s submission (identified only by a “User number”, with no personal identifier).
- The Group Results Report ranks the workplace issues observed by group members, from the most frequent to the least frequently observed.
- You will see the total points and the average score for each issue, from “Frequently” (5 points) down to “Never” (1 point).
- You will also see recommendations in the Group Results Report on how you can address the three most frequently observed issues in that group’s workplace.
- Send out the final Group Results Report to all participants, with a request that they review the results and recommendations group prior to a Post-Assessment meeting.
- Confirm the schedule of Post-Assessment meeting(s) to discuss the Group Results Report with each group, including its recommendations.
- Share and discuss the results & recommendations. For best outcomes:
- Collect ideas – by email before the meeting(s) or in the meeting(s) itself – about which issues are most bothersome, which sub-groups could test certain recommendations, and other ideas to reduce or eliminate select issues;
- Review – and encourage group members to review – the How to Implement Communication Changes document; and
- Decide whether to schedule a follow-up Assessment to observe changes in workplace communications.
NOTE: When you want to re-use your Assessment URL to determine your progress and changes, you can remove the data by clicking on the Clear Record button for the specific group found on the Assessment page for the group. This allows you to re-use the URL again during your year-long subscription. If you choose to use the URL with a different group, remember to rename the group on the dashboard so the correct title will be displayed on the Questionnaire.