The Consultant Subscription
The Consultant Subscription – for consultants, trainers, and others who work with multiple groups at the same time – provides you with five links to the Group Workplace Assessment. You will receive five unique URLs that you can use with different client groups, departments, or teams. Each person in any group can take their group’s unique Group Workplace Assessment to identify which of 56 workplace situations they see most frequently. Results for each group will be summarized (preserving confidentiality) in a Topline Report that pinpoints the frequency of communication issues reported by that group. This report includes recommendations on how to make simple changes in communication practices to eliminate or reduce the high-frequency issues for that group. After obtaining your two results-reports – the Topline Report and the Survey Data spreadsheet – you can clear the data so that you can reuse the same URL for a follow-up Assessment. Good for 1 year, you can use and reuse all five URLs for client groups or for follow-up surveys to see what has changed. $99.99. Purchase it today.
Set up Your Consultant Subscription
Purchase the Consultant subscription:
- As a confirmation of your purchase, you will receive email instructions on creating your account with a Username and Password, and a link to the instruction page to help you start planning how and when your Group Workplace Assessment(s) will take place.
- Also, once your order is placed, we will create your own unique dashboard for managing each of your Group Workplace Assessments. Login information will be sent to you when your dashboard is ready, typically within 24 hours.
Set up your dashboard(s):
- After you receive your Consultant Subscription login URL, you can access your unique and private dashboard. Go to your login page and log in. You will be on the Home Page of your dashboard, displaying your first and last name. Your instructions tell you about other icons on that page, including how to change the name of your survey.
- Click on the “Our Assessment” button in the upper right corner to see the Group Workplace Assessment survey that is exclusive to the group you are working with. At the top left of your group’s Workplace Assessment survey, in the address bar, you will see the “Group Member URL”. This is the URL you will send to each member of your group, so they can access and complete their own Group Workplace Assessment.
- Determine the name(s) for the group(s) that will be participating in the surveys. The names you assign to each group will appear as titles on the survey those group members will access.
- Get the unique URL for each group to access their unique Group Workplace Assessment from the “My Questionnaires” button.
Give advance notice and information to your Group Members:
- Go to the Resource Tab on your dashboard to see the “Assessment Introductory Email” for your group members. Customize it to let them know a survey will be coming, and to give them access to information about using communication to improve workplace effectiveness and satisfaction.
- You may also attach a copy – or a link to – the “Summary of Four Conversations” document (also on your dashboard’s Resource Tab) to introduce your Group Members to the ideas for this survey.
- Send your customized email to your group members.
Run Your Survey
Plan and prepare your Assessment schedule and communications:
- Determine the best time to perform the Group Workplace Assessment for each group, including:
- When the URL linking to the Assessment will be released to a group, so they can begin their survey;
- What the “deadline” will be for the group to have all their Assessment responses submitted;
- Whether – and when – you will host Pre-Assessment Meeting(s) with each group to discuss and prepare for the survey; and
- Schedule and arrange meeting date(s), time(s) and location(s) – or video/phone lines – for the group to get together for a Group Workplace Assessment discussion with Q&A and make plans for the implementation of any recommended changes.
- Once you have set your Assessment dates and meeting information, go to your set of instructions to see a sample Assessment Launch Email for you to customize in the following way:
- Add the group’s unique Assessment URL;
- Say why this Assessment is important for the group;
- Specify the group’s survey Start date, the End date (by when their responses are due), and any Pre-Assessment and Post-Assessment Meeting date(s);
- Tell Group Members about the requirement for each participant to use their work email address to have their results included in the totals. Include an assurance of confidentiality for their responses, which will not be associated with their email address.
NOTE: When group participants have completed their Assessments, each person will receive feedback on his or her own responses, including recommendations for altering their own individual workplace communications. This feedback has been found to be useful for engaging people in discussions and in changing some communication habits. The individual participant responses to the 56 questions will be added to the summary data for each group.
Launch your Group Workplace Assessment:
- Go to the Resource Tab on your dashboard to get a copy of the “Assessment Launch Email”. Customize this and send it to your Group Members, including the URL link to the Assessment, the deadline for completing their survey, and the assurance of confidentiality.
- Monitor participation – you can check to see how participation is progressing by clicking on the “Our Responses” button on your dashboard for that Group, to see how many responses have been submitted so far. You can also total the responses across a row or scroll to the bottom of the page and download the Email list to see how many responses have been submitted.
- To get a higher response rate, send an email to remind Group Members of the importance of the survey and the due-date for responses.
NOTE: Do not click the “Clear Record” button for a group until you have received and downloaded the Results Report for that group. Deleted data cannot be recovered.
After the deadline:
- Go to the Resource Menu on your dashboard to get a copy of the “Prepare Your Group Discussion” document to learn how to customize the Post-Assessment discussion so it is appropriate for your Group. Review the document, then…
- Download your Topline Report. This PDF summarizes the results of the survey in a format that can be easily shared with group members. You can also see the Survey Data Excel file, listing each person’s submission (identified only by a “User number”, with no personal identifier).
- The Topline Report includes a graph illustrating the categories of workplace issues with their score, averaged over all participant submissions. It also includes a list of the top ten most frequently observed issues and the five least frequently observed issues entitled “What We Do Well”. You will see the total points and the average score for each issue, from “Frequently” (5 points) down to “Never” (1 point).
- You will also see the Top Three categories of workplace issues, as reported by your Group Members. These will include recommendations on how your Group can address these issues.
- Using the “Prepare Your Group Discussion” document, review your Topline Report and make note of some items you want to be sure are included in the Post-Assessment discussion meeting.
- Prepare your invitation to the Post-Assessment meeting, including a confirmation of the date, time, and location for the Post Assessment meeting, and…
- Add a link to – or a copy of – the Topline Report, with a request to Group Members that they review the results and recommendations prior to the Post-Assessment meeting, then
- Send out the invitation to all Group Members.
NOTE: When you want to re-use your Assessment URL to determine your progress and changes, you can remove the data by clicking on the Clear Record button for the specific group found on the Assessment page for the group. This allows you to re-use the URL again during your year-long subscription. If you choose to use the URL with a different group, remember to rename the group on the dashboard so the correct title will be displayed on the Questionnaire.
Use Your Results
Conduct the Post-Assessment meeting(s):
- Go to your set of instructions to get the “Post-Assessment Meeting(s)” document. This is your guide to facilitating the discussions and planning for implementation of the Assessment recommendations. Review this document to prepare to fulfill the purposes of this meeting, which are to:
- Review and discuss the Topline Report;
- Get familiar with the recommended types of productive conversation that could make workplace interactions more effective and more pleasant; and
- Choose a few of those productive conversations to practice among members of the Group.
Plan ways to practice new communications:
- Go the Resource Tab on your dashboard to get the “Your Practice Booklet” document. This booklet can be made available to support all Group Members in planning to implement the productive conversations that apply to each of the 8 categories of workplace issues. It includes information on:
- Which conversations are most relevant to each issue, with details on the key ingredients;
- Tips on how to implement each of the conversations efficiently; and
- Suggestions to clarify the most relevant ways and workplace situations for implementing the desired communication changes.
- Go the Resource Tab to get the “Ideas to Support Practice” document. These 2 pages outline suggestions for managers, consultants, trainers, and facilitators on how to assist people in practicing to use new types of conversations, including:
- Reminders of the important ingredients in a productive conversation, such as What-When-Why, or Who-How-Where;
- Posters that summarize the power and purpose of each productive conversation that Group Members are practicing; and
- Videos on each conversation (used by university MBA classes) offering information on the purpose, structure, and value of the productive conversations.
NOTE: If you or your Group Members need further support or clarification to implement aspects of this process, please contact us.