The Consultant Subscription
The Consultant Subscription provides you with five links to the Group Workplace Assessment. You will receive five unique URLs that you can use at the same time, with different client groups, departments, or teams. Each person in any group can take their group’s unique Workplace Assessment to identify which of 56 workplace communication issues they see most frequently. Results for each group will be summarized in a Workplace Results Report that pinpoints the top issues reported by that group. This report includes recommendations on how to make simple changes in communication practices that will eliminate or reduce the issues for that group. Good for 1 year, your subscription for all five URLs to be reused, either for other client groups or for follow-up Assessments to see what has changed. $99.99. Purchase it today.
Set up Your Consultant Subscription
Purchase the Consultant subscription:
- As a confirmation of your purchase, you will receive email instructions on creating your account with a Username and Password, and a link to the instruction page to help you start planning how and when your Group Workplace Assessment(s) will take place.
- Also, once your order is placed, we will create your own unique dashboard for managing each of your Group Workplace Assessments. Login information will be sent to you when your dashboard is ready, typically within 24 hours.
Set up your dashboard(s):
- After you receive your Consultant Subscription login URL, you can access your unique and private dashboard.
- Go to your login page and log in. You will be on the home page of your dashboard, displaying your first and last name.
- The instructions tell you about other icons on that page, including how to change the name of your survey.
Assign groups to specific surveys:
- Determine the name(s) for the group(s) that will be participating in the surveys. The names you assign to each group will appear as titles on the survey the group members will access.
- Get the unique URL for each group to give group members access to their unique Group Workplace Assessment from the “My Questionnaires” button.
- Determine the best time to perform each Group Workplace Assessment, including when the unique URL linking to their Assessment will be released to each group, and when the “due date” will be for their completed Assessments to be submitted.
Share the results, capture the ideas, and facilitate the discussions for implementing solutions.
- Determine when and how to send all participants their copy of the Workplace Results Report.
- Request that each participant review the Workplace Results Report and prepare their comments and suggestions to bring to a meeting for discussing the results of their Group Workplace Assessment.
- Schedule and arrange meeting places – or video/phone lines – to discuss the results and create ideas on how to implement the recommendations for improving communication practices.
- Create a plan and a schedule for subsequent meetings, within or between sub-groups, to test the ideas and customize solutions to strengthen selected areas of communication.
- Facilitate those meetings to support the development and practice of new communication habits within and between sub-groups.
Reuse the URL. When you are ready to re-use the URL, either for a group’s follow-up or for a new group, click on the Clear Data button before sending out the URL.
Run Your Survey
Plan and prepare your Assessment schedule and communications:
- Determine the best time to perform the Group Workplace Assessment for each group, including:
- When the URL linking to the Assessment will be released to each group to begin their survey;
- What the specific “deadline” will be for each group to have all their Assessment responses submitted; and
- Whether – and when – you will host Pre-Assessment Meeting(s) with each group to discuss and prepare for the survey, and/or Post-Assessment Meeting(s) to review the Assessment results and recommendations.
- If you do plan to have such meetings, schedule and arrange meeting date(s), time(s) and location(s) – or video/phone lines – for each group to get together for a Group Workplace Assessment discussion, Q&A, and planning for the implementation of any recommended changes.
- Customize your “launch email” to the members of each group. In your set of instructions, you will have a sample email to customize:
- Add the group’s unique Assessment URL;
- Say why this Assessment is important for each group;
- Specify the survey Start date, the End date (by when their responses are due), and any Pre-Assessment and Post-Assessment Meeting date(s);
- Tell all group members about the requirement for each participant to use their work email address to have their results included in the totals. Include an assurance of confidentiality for their responses, which will not be associated with their email address.
NOTE: When participants have completed their Assessments, each person will receive feedback on his or her own responses, including recommendations for altering their own individual workplace communications. This feedback has been found to be useful for engaging people in discussions and in changing some communication habits.At the same time, their responses to the 56 questions will be added to the summary data for each group.
Launch your Group Workplace Assessment:
- Send out your customized “launch email” to each group, including the unique URL link to the Assessment, the survey schedule, and assurance of confidentiality.
- Monitor participation – check to see how participation is progressing by clicking on the “Our Responses” button for each group on your dashboard to see how many responses have been submitted so far.
- You can also total the responses across a row or scroll to the bottom of the page and download the Email list to see how many responses have been submitted.
NOTE: Do not click the “Clear Record” button for a group until you have received and downloaded the Results Report for that group. Deleted data cannot be recovered.
- To get a higher response rate, send an email to group members reminding them of the importance of the survey and the due-date for responses.
After the deadline:
- Download your Workplace Results Report for each group. This Excel spreadsheet shows each person’s submission (identified only by a “User number”, with no personal identifier).
- The Workplace Results Report ranks the workplace issues observed by group members, from the most frequent to the least frequently observed.
- You will see the total points and the average score for each issue, from “Frequently” (5 points) down to “Never” (1 point).
- You will also see recommendations in the Workplace Results Report on how you can address the three most frequently observed issues in that group’s workplace.
- Send out the final Workplace Results Report to all participants, with a request that they review the results and recommendations group prior to a Post-Assessment meeting.
- Confirm the schedule of Post-Assessment meeting(s) to discuss the Workplace Results Report with each group, including its recommendations.
- Share and discuss the results & recommendations. For best outcomes:
- Collect ideas – by email before the meeting(s) or in the meeting(s) itself – about which issues are most bothersome, which sub-groups could test certain recommendations, and other ideas to reduce or eliminate select issues;
- Review – and encourage group members to review – the “How to Implement Communication Changes”; and
- Decide whether to schedule a follow-up Assessment to observe changes in workplace communications.
NOTE: When you want to re-use your Assessment URL to determine your progress and changes, you can remove the data by clicking on the Clear Record button for the specific group found on the Assessment page for the group. This allows you to re-use the URL again during your year-long subscription. If you choose to use the URL with a different group, remember to rename the group on the dashboard so the correct title will be displayed on the Questionnaire.