Consultant Dashboard Instructions
1. Purchase the Consultant Subscription to the Group Workplace Assessment.
- Once your order is placed, you will receive an email confirming your purchase, including a link to create your account, with your Username and Password. You will also receive a link to the instruction page, so you can start planning how and when you want your Assessments to take place.
- Your unique dashboards will be created after purchase, typically within 24 hours. You will be sent a second email with the login URL for your Consultant Subscription as soon as your dashboards are ready.
2. Set up your dashboard: After you receive your Consultant Subscription login URL, you can access your unique and private dashboards.
- Use your unique URL to go the login page and enter the Username and Password you created. Then press the login button.
YOUR LOGIN PAGE
b. Once you log in, you will be on the Home Page of your unique and private dashboard, customized for you, displaying your first and last name.
YOUR DASHBOARD HOME PAGE
c. On the dashboard to the right of your name, in blue, there are 2 icons and 2 buttons:
- House icon – this allows you to return to your dashboard Home Page.
- Pencil icon – this lets you edit your Consultant Subscription “profile” information. You can rename your Assessment by editing the last name in the profile (sample shown below) and clicking the Update button. You can also change your password in the profile if you choose (see also 2.d ii, below).
YOUR PROFILE PAGE
- Logout button – this is where you log out. Please log out at the end of every session.
- Dashboard instruction button – a handy reference for using your dashboard.
d. Assign an assessment to each group and record group number is assigned to which group, then click the Save button.
e. The “Our Assessment” button is the first black button in the upper right corner of your dashboard. When you click on it, you will see a list of the 56-question Workplace Assessment exclusive to each of your groups.
f. The unique URL (an example is circled, below) is the one you will share with each of your different group members (see 3.b, below).
YOUR GROUP WORKPLACE ASSESSMENT
- In the top left of your group’s Workplace Assessment is the “Group Member URL” (an example is circled, above). This is the URL you will send to each member of the group, so they can access and complete their own Workplace Assessment.
- Each group’s Workplace Assessment automatically lists your last name in the title. You can change the title of this Workplace Assessment by editing the last name (use the Pencil button, see 2.c.ii, above) and clicking the Update button. The House icon returns you to the dashboard Home Page.
g. The “Our Responses” button is the second black button in the upper right corner of your dashboard. A link to each group’s Responses is displayed when you click on the button.
After you have launched your Workplace Assessment, you can review the summary of people’s responses so far. (See 4.b, below).
- Participants must provide their email address in order to submit their response.
BOTTOM OF ASSESSMENT PAGE
- To assure the confidentiality of the respondents, the emails are saved but are not linked to the submissions. The alphabetized email list is available for download and provides an easy way to track participation. (See 4.b, below).
3. Plan and prepare your Group Workplace Assessment schedule and communications. FOR EACH GROUP:
- Schedule the Assessment survey:
- Start date. Determine the best time to perform the Group Workplace Assessment, including the start date, when the URL linking to the Assessment will be released to group members.
- Deadline. Specify a “due date” for all Group Assessment responses to be submitted. Allow about 7-14 days, depending on work schedules, for all group members to complete and submit their Assessment responses.
- Schedule the Assessment meetings:
- Schedule and arrange Pre-Assessment meeting date(s), time(s) and location(s) – or video/phone lines – to discuss the purpose and process for the Group Workplace Assessment. This group discussion is an opportunity for group members to ask questions, share their concerns, and offer ideas, all of which is useful to increase participation and response validity.
- Schedule and arrange Post-Assessment meeting date(s), time(s) and location(s) – or video/phone lines – to discuss their overall perception of the workplace issues identified in the Assessment results. Collect ideas on how to implement the recommendations for improving communication practices. See also, “How to Implement Communication Changes”.
- Customize your communication to group members:
- Customize your “launch email” to group members. Starting with the sample email – located here – that is provided for you to send to your group members, add the exclusive URL for your group, the Start and End dates for the Assessment responses, and the dates of Pre-Assessment and Post-Assessment meetings (if known).
- Customize your message to emphasize the importance of participating in the Group Workplace Assessment, and remind people they must use their email address, but that their individual responses will be kept confidential, i.e., NO connection will be made between anyone’s individual responses and their email address.
4. Launch your Group Workplace Assessment. FOR EACH GROUP:
- Send your “launch email” to your group members. Your customized email, with the URL link to their Group Assessment, plus a deadline for their response, will launch your Group Workplace Assessment.
- Monitor participation. You can see how participation is progressing in three ways:
- First, you can click on the “Our Responses” button on your dashboard to observe the number of responses that have been submitted so far. This report will have your name – and the Group Number – at the top. The responses will be reported by category, showing what people (as a group) are saying about the issues they observe in the workplace.
- Second, you can also determine the number of people who have submitted responses by totaling the numbers across one of the rows in the “Our Responses” summary (see below). Be sure to total responses from more than one row since some participants may not respond to all questions.
- Third, you can also scroll to the bottom of the “Our Responses” page to click on the “Download Emails” button. You will receive an alphabetized list of respondents’ emails of people who have completed their Workplace Assessment so far.
NOTE: We recommend sending reminder emails to people who have not yet participated to encourage full participation.
A SAMPLE “OUR RESPONSES” SUMMARY (PARTIAL)
5. After the deadline – Share the results and facilitate discussions for implementing solutions. FOR EACH GROUP:
- Download your Results Report. At the bottom of the “Our Responses” page for each Group, there are 3 buttons:
To see the data from a Group’s Workplace Assessment, click on the “Download Results Report” button. This shows you the Excel spreadsheet that ranks the overall frequency of workplace issues observed by Group members, from the most frequent to the ones most rarely observed.
In the upper portion of the Results Report, you will also see the numeric responses from all users, the total points for each workplace issue, and the average score for each issue. The points are assigned as follows: Always – 5, Frequently – 4, Sometimes – 3, Rarely – 2, Never – 1. Each Group member is identified only by a “user number”, without any personal identifier (SAMPLE RESULTS REPORT STATISTICS shown below).
The lower portion of the Results Report includes recommendations on how to upgrade communications in your workplace to resolve the three most frequently occurring issues (see SAMPLE RECOMMENDATIONS SUMMARY below).
SAMPLE RESULTS REPORT STATISTICS (PARTIAL)
SAMPLE RECOMMENDATIONS SUMMARY (PARTIAL)
b. Share the results and facilitate discussions for implementing solutions.
- Send out the Results Report to all group members. Request that everyone review the report and prepare to discuss it with the whole group.
- Confirm the schedule of post-Assessment “review-and-discuss” meetings. Once you have downloaded and saved your copy of the Results Report, it is recommended that you arrange for time to discuss the results with the group, including ideas on how to implement the recommendations for improving communication.
- Facilitate the discussion. A recommended starting place is to review the “top three” or “top ten” results and talk about each one. It is also helpful to review the “bottom three” or “bottom ten”, because these are the areas of your workplace that are perceived as non-issues, i.e., areas that are working very well.
- Plan and schedule subsequent meetings to resolve one or more issues. You may choose to create sub-groups that will focus on specific issues and customize solutions for selected areas of communication. Or simply have group members identify solutions to bring back for further development and assignment.
- If sub-group meetings are arranged, each sub-group should agree to report back to the larger group, sharing what they learned about what works (and what doesn’t) to practice new communication habits and to reduce or eliminate issues. See also the How to Implement Communication Changes.
- Check your progress with a follow-up Assessment. You have 1 year to use the Assessments, so you can re-use the URLs with existing Groups, to see whether some of the issues have cleared up, or, you can use the URLs with new Groups – remember to change the Group Name on the dashboard. To re-use a URL, click on the “Clear Record” button before sending out the URL again, so you accurately capture the new data. The “Clear Record” button is in the lower right-hand corner of the “Our Responses” page. This allows you to re-use the Assessment URL with the same group, or with a different group if you choose.
|Please remember to logout from your dashboard Home Page by clicking the Logout button.
You will be logged out from all open dashboard windows.
Please contact us at any step of this process if we can help with questions or difficulties. If you have questions about how to address the communication issues in your organization or need technical support, please email us. We are committed to your success.