The Consultant Subscription
The Consultant Subscription provides five links to the Workplace Communication Assessment – five unique URLs you can use with up to five different client groups at the same time. After a group’s results have been submitted for any survey, you will be able to download your Diagnostic Report for that group, which will pinpoint the top issues reported by that group’s members. You will also receive recommendations for making simple changes in communication practices to reduce those problems in that group. Your subscription for all five unique URLs is good for one year, and clearing the data at the end of each survey allows you to reuse the links, either for follow-up surveys or for new client groups. $99.99. Purchase it today.
Running Your Surveys
Purchase the Consultant subscription.
- Once the order is placed, your dashboard(s) will be created. Login information will be sent to you when your dashboard is ready.
- You will also receive, as a confirmation of your purchase, a link to the instruction page, so you can start planning how and when you want your assessment(s) to take place.
Set up your dashboard. Go to your login page and log in.
- Select the name(s) for the group(s) who will be participating in the survey. The names you assign to each group will appear on the survey they will access.
- Get the unique URL for each group giving group members access to their unique Group WCA from the “My Questionnaires” button.
- Determine the best time to perform the assessment, including when the URL linking to the Group Assessment will be released to each group, and when the “due date” will be for completed surveys to be submitted.
Communicate with group members. Create the email that will go out to your group members. NOTE: There is a sample email for you to customize included in your instructions, stating the purpose and/or the importance of the survey and giving all necessary information, including the survey requirements:
- Using their work email address ensures their results will be included in the totals, with assurances of confidentiality (no connection will be made between responses and email addresses);
- Submitting results by the specified “due date”
Monitor participation. The “My Assessments” menu on your dashboard for your group allows you to see how many people in the group have completed the WCA and submitted their responses or you can download the email list to see who has participated. This will let you know when and if you need to send out reminders to get a higher response rate before the survey deadline.
After the deadline, download the final reports. An Analysis Report is created for each of your five groups. Each report is an Excel spreadsheet titled with the name of the group ranking the Workplace Communication issues observed by your group members (identified only by a “user number” without any personal identifier) from the most frequent to the least commonly observed.
Share the results, capture the ideas, and facilitate the discussions for implementing solutions.
- Determine when and how to send all participants a copy of the survey results for the group.
- Request that they review the results and prepare some comments and suggestions to bring to a meeting for discussing the results.
- Schedule and arrange meeting places or video/phone lines for a discussion of the group’s results and thoughts on how to follow through on developing new communication practices.
- Capture the ideas for improving communication practices, and for breaking into sub-groups for the purpose of exploring solutions to each of the primary areas of communication to be strengthened.
- Facilitate those meetings to ensure that new practices are discussed and practiced to improve group communication.
Reuse the URL, when you are ready to re-use the URL for follow-up or a new group, click on the Clear Data button before sending out the URL.
Consultant Subscription Instructions
1. Go to the login page and log in. After you have purchased The Consultant Subscription, you will receive 5 URLs with a Username, and Password to log in to each of your unique and private “Consultant’s Dashboard”. You will also receive a detailed set of instructions, summarized below.
For each group you will have participate in the Workplace Communication Assessment (WCA), you will:
2. Set up your Dashboard:
- Give a name to the group of people you want to participate in the Workplace Communication Assessment (WCA).
- Click on “My Questionnaires” in the upper right corner then open the questionnaire that is exclusive to your group. The assigned group name will appear in the title of the questionnaire.
- At the top left of your group’s questionnaire, you will see the “Group Member URL” that you will send to each of the people in your group so they can access and complete their own Workplace Communication Assessment.
3. Communicate with the members of your group: You will receive (in your set of instructions) a sample email that you can customize to send to group members. You will send your group members an email to inform them about the purpose and importance of the survey as well as the requirement for using their work email address to be sure their results are included in the totals.
- You will also give them a “due date” by when you want the results – and assure them of confidentiality of their responses, which will not be associated with their email address.
4. Observe participation. You can check to see how participation is progressing, and whether everyone has submitted their responses, by looking at the Email list and the Analysis Report (having one column for each set of User results submitted).
- NOTE: Do not clear the data in this record until you have all the submissions you want from your group.
5. After the deadline, download the final reports. Analysis Report – Shows each person’s submission (identified only by a “User number”, not a personal identifier), you can download the Analysis Report. This report is an Excel spreadsheet that ranks the Workplace Communication issues observed by your group members from the most frequent to the least frequently observed.
6. Share the results. For best outcomes, send out the final reports to all participants, and schedule one or more meetings to review the results and discuss ways to implement the recommendations.
7. If you want to re-use any URL for another group, you can remove the data by clicking on the Clear Record button. This allows you to re-use the URL again during your 1-year subscription.